Point-to-point is the functionality required for addressed wireless communication services, e.g. the addressed guidance and control applications included in the A-SMGCS concept and other ATC functionality.
Each ground station provides uplink broadcast of GNS-B messages generated in the ground station.
- Provides increased position accuracy complying with the A-SMGCS concept
- Generated locally by the ground station
- Supports increased position accuracy of ADS-B reports
The GNS-B service includes three types of messages:
- Pseudorange corrections (Message Type 1)
- GNS-B-related quality and integrity data (Message Type 2)
- Final Approach Segment Data (Message Type 4)
A mobile VDL Mode 4 unit that receives GNS-B data will use it to enhance its own position accuracy (which is included in the ADS-B message). The GNS-B data is also available for external use in the aircraft/vehicle.