radio with MORE :
- Power (6 Watts)
- Waterproof (IPX8)
- Form Factor
(easy to hold and operate)
Compact Body, Great “Form Factor”
A compact design, hourglass body-shape and comfortable side grips
give the IC-M72 an outstanding “form factor” –
it’s easy to use with just one hand!
Highest available power! 6 Watts
The IC-M72’s 6 Watts*1 of transmit power can carry a conversation
a long way. A large capacity 2000mAh Lithium-Ion battery allows
for 15–16 hours of operation, under normal conditions*2.
*1 5W for Australia version, *2 5% Transmit, 5% Receive, 90% Stand-by
The M72’s impressive audio output (600mW typ.*) is loud enough
to hear in most any marine environment – even over loud engine
*10% distortion, 8ohm load
Submersible PLUS (IPX8)
The IC-M72 offers Icom’s best-ever protection against water
intrusion. This radio has been tested to survive after being submersed
in 1.5m (4.9ft) depth of water for 30 minutes.
Wide Viewing Angle LCD
A wide viewing angle, high intensity LCD is used in the IC-M72,
offering bright, easy to read characters. The bright LCD backlighting
and backlit keypad is great for night time operation.
30% Shorter Antenna
The IC-M72’s antenna is engineered to perform with typical
Icom efficiency even though it is nearly 30%* shorter than previous
Icom marine antenna.
* IC-M72’s antenna length is 115mm; 417/32 in.
- Auto scan function to start scanning when receiving no signal
- Auto power save function
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- Auto WX scan and WX Alert function
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- Built-in UT-112 compatible voice scrambler (Depending on version)
- AquaQuake draining function emits a vibrating sound and clears
water away from the speaker grill